Explosion and Fire at Weld County Hotel Sends Two to Hospital
An explosion and structure fire at a Weld County hotel sent two people to a nearby hospital. The two were later air lifted to a hospital in Aurora. The Weld County Sheriff’s Office responded to the fire at the First Interstate Inn, located at 3940 Highway 119. The condition of the parties went from being stable to serious condition and are being treated for serious burns at this time.
Evidence of a butane hash oil extraction process was noted, and the Weld County Drug Task Force responded to assist the investigation. The Weld County Drug Task Force and Weld County Sheriff’s Office investigators are working together to continue this investigation.
This Facebook video shows the explosion:
How to Help
Anyone with information regarding this or any other crime is asked to call the Weld County Sherriff’s Office at 970-356-4015 or Northern Colorado Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) Tips can also be submitted through the Crime Stoppers website.