It’s National ‘Adopt A Cat’ Month: 50 Adorable Cats Up For Adoption In Northern Colorado
In case you were looking for a good reason to expand your family and welcome a new furry friend into your home, here's the perfect one -
June is National Adopt A Cat Month.
Adopt A Cat Month is recognized during the height of “kitten season,” a time when large litters of kittens are born and often wind up being placed in animal shelters - most of which are already dealing with capacity concerns.
On The Fence About Adopting A Cat?
If you're in need of a little more convincing, here are ten other reasons to adopt a cat (whether it's National Adopt A Cat Month, or not) courtesy of goodvets.com:
- Adopting a cat can be great for your mental health
- ... and your physical health, too
- Cats make great indoor pets/can easily adjust to apartment life
- Cats, compared to other pets are generally more low maintenance
- ... and often less expensive to take care of
- Cats can make you (and other pets) happier
- Cats make great companions
- Rescue cats (and rescue pets in general) due to often being mixed breed tend to have fewer health issues
- There are plenty of shelter cats to choose from
- ADOPTION. SAVES. LIVES.
- According to the ASPCA, about 3.2 million cats make their way into U.S. animal shelters each year; unfortunately, about 860,000 of them are euthanized annually. Choosing adoption means saving the life of a cat in need. Not to mention, adopting also opens up space in shelters so that they can continue caring for other pets seeking out their forever homes.
There is no better time than now to adopt a cat, and there are many cats in our local community looking for their new fur-ever home.
In fact, here are 50 cats looking for forever homes right now here in Northern Colorado:
50 Adorable, Adoptable Cats In Northern Colorado
25 Dog Breed-Specific Rescues to Find Your Furry Friend in Colorado
7 Animal Shelters of Fort Collins