Heading to Denver This Summer? Check Out These Free Concerts
Despite the fact that I don't think it makes sense on the Western Slope, Denver is one of the top cities in America for day trips. With that in mind, you may be thinking about making one of those day trips during the upcoming summer, since that's the perfect time to travel in Colorado. But what will you do once you get there?
Luckily, the Levitt Pavilion thought ahead, and they've put together an entire summer concert series. The best part: this concert series is free, which I think I'm already on record of saying is one of my favorite four-letter words.
Check out the line-up:
- Fishbone - May 6
- Etana - May 11
- Son Little - May 19
- The Slackers - May 20
- Son Rompe Pera (with Guests) - May 27
- Central City Opera - June 4
- Strange Famous Fest - June 17
- Brazilian Day - June 25
- Wailing Souls - July 7
- All My Relations Celebration - August 10
As you can see, this looks like it's is shaping up to be a great line-up that will cover a wide range of musical styles and tastes. Not exactly the worst way to not spend money in Denver, wouldn't you say?
If you do have some cash on you while you make your day trip to Denver, why not head over to Red Rocks Amphitheatre? They have a great lineup of stars gracing their stage this summer, too.
- Old Dominion - May 27 - May 28
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs - June 5
- King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - June 7 - June 8
- Big Head Todd and the Monsters - June 10
- Barenaked Ladies - June 13
- Blues Traveler - July 4
- The Avett Brothers - July 7 - July 9
- Tori Amos - July 17
- Parker McCollum - August 10
- Jon Pardi - August 11
That's just a sample. There are plenty more stars on the way to Red Rocks this summer, so be sure to check out the Red Rocks events page for their complete calendar.