9 Easy Tips to Ease Colorado Flu Symptoms
WebMD has released the top 9 remedies for the flu.
Approximately 3,000 Americans have died from the flu, CNN reported. 9 of those deaths are right here in Colorado.
So, if you've contracted this awful thing, we have 9 things that could help.
1. Stay home and get plenty of rest.
2. Drink plenty of fluids.
3. Treat aches and fever.
4. Take care of your cough.
5. Sit in a steamy bathroom.
6. Run the humidifier.
7. Try a lozenge.
(I originally didn't know what this was, so simply put lozenge is a small medicinal tablet taken for sore throats that dissolve in your mouth.)
8. Get salty.
(Purchase things like saline nose drops or sprays.)
9. Ask for an antiviral.
WedMD also stated that if you have any of these symptoms you should call your doctor and schedule an appointment.
- Earache or drainage from your ear
- Pain in your face or forehead along with thick yellow or green mucus for more than a week
- A temperature 100.4 F or higher in an infant less than 3 months of age
- Temperature higher than 102 F in older children or adults
- Hoarseness, sore throat, or a cough that won’t go away
- Shortness of breath
- Symptoms that get worse or won’t go away