Bikes for Tykes Accepting Bicycles Until December 12
I sure remember. There is nothing like getting like getting a bicycle for Christmas. I think every kid deserves a bicycle. That is why I support the Realities For Children’s Bikes For Tykes program. They have been giving bicycles and new helmets to the children they serve since 1996.
Each year, kind-hearted individuals like yourself, groups and organizations donate their new or gently used bicycles to Realities for Children during the months of November and December (although Realities will accept bikes at any time during the year), then they safety-check and refurbish them by local bike shop partners.
Then on a happy day in December each year, the bikes are given to registered youth who are being served by one of the Affiliate Youth Agencies who serve local children who have been abused, neglected or are at-risk.
Donate a Bike
Drop off new or gently used bikes at any of the following locations until December 12th:
- Lee’s Cyclery - 202 W. Laurel, Fort Collins - 482.6006
- Lee’s Cyclery - 931 E. Harmony, Fort Collins - 226.6006
- The Phoenix Cyclery - 1532 E. Mulberry, Suite D, Fort Collins - 493.4517
- Lee's Cyclery of Loveland - 4880 Thompson Parkway, Loveland - 667.8735
- Breakaway Cycles - 2237 W. Eisenhower, Loveland - 663.1726
Bikes are needed for children ages 2 to 17.