5 Great Ways to Make the Best Burger This Memorial Day Weekend in Fort Collins
Burgers are on the top of the list for Memorial Day Weekend Barbeques in Fort Collins and the country. How do you make your burgers? Here are 5 great ways to make the best burgers ever.
5 WAYS TO MAKE THE BEST BURGER EVER THIS MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
- Make two bun size patties about 1/4 inch thick, slice a cheddar brat (like Johnsonville) into three thin pieces and lay them on one of the patties, now take the other patty and lay it on top. Pinch the edges all the way around to get a good seal and cook about 4 minutes on each side. Top the burger with a slice of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Mix a small can of drained diced pineapple and chipped ham (like a black forest in small cubes) with your hamburger meat. Add 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce and form patties. Yum!
- Add Ketchup, butter crackers (about 1/2 cup), half of a diced green pepper and onion... plus one egg and a splash of milk. If you'd like, and who wouldn't, add some cheese chunks to the meat mixture before forming you patties. (of course this is all combined with hamburger meat)
- Saute your favorite mushrooms and with a shallot, a handful of baby spinach and some garlic with olive oil, let cool and mix in with your hamburger meat. If you have truffle oil, add that to the meat mixture before forming patties, once cooked melt a piece of Gruyere or Swiss cheese atop.
- Make your best patty, find the best bun (such as a brioche bun), make your favorite Mac and Cheese (stir into the mac and cheese 6 or so pieces of cooked and crispy bacon) When your burger is cooked perfectly, top with a heaping tablespoon of the Mac and Cheese with bacon and enjoy your food coma!
There are so many things you can do with a burger, get creative. Think of your favorite foods and combinations of foods and think, hmmm... I bet that would taste good atop or inside a burger, and do it!
Happy Memorial Day!!!