I Call It ‘Soda’ You Call It ‘Pop’, What’s The Correct Term? [POLL]
Apparently the idea of calling your fizzy carbonated beverages ‘soda’ or ‘pop’ is a fairly galvanizing topic. Listeners took to Facebook claiming one or the other was the ‘right’ thing to call it this afternoon.
So, I created 99.9 the Point’s ‘official’ poll to decide the proper terminology. Take it below.
A few of the Facebook responses so far:
- “soda..cuz it’s the way I grew up saying it, even when I was 12!;) mostly because I’m from Cali…almost everyone there calls is soda!” – Serena
- “Pop…I am canadian born and raised…Pop is proper term for us canadian folk lol…I hate “soda” sounds silly to me….different strokes lol” -Mandi
- “Uhhh, I say soda-pop. Just the way I was taught to say it, I guess. :D” -Danyilla
- “soda now..but as a young child i said pop cuz that’s the way they say it up north…my parents still call it pop. my kids call it soda.” -Krista
- “Soda pop because I grew up with my grandfather correcting me to say it right or not at all :-)” -Kat