Free Slurpee Day Chug-Off 2012 – Derek & Beano’s Rematch [VIDEO]
It’s a national holiday of sorts, July 11th, or 7-11. The day that everyone can enjoy a free 7.11 ounce Slurpee at any participating 7-Eleven location. Derek & I went over and got our freebies earlier today and we had to have a rematch or our last Slupee-chugging contest.
Check out the video below, I think my insides still hurt…
I still can’t believe seven ounces of frozen goodness can cause that kind of pain. We did down them in 30-seconds which beat our last time by about 10-seconds. Go us.
And I guess I have to concede that Derek is officially a much more efficient Slurpee-chugger than I.
Any ideas on what other contests you’d like to see us square-off in?
Fun Slurpee facts (Find more at Slurpee.com):
- Early prototypes for the Slurpee machine made use of an automobile air conditioning unit.
- Slurpee drinks are carbonated.
- Sugar is the anti-freezing agent in most Slurpee drinks.
- Only one private individual owns a bona fide Slurpee machine. The rest are in 7-Eleven stores.
- Slurpee was “invented” when some sodas were put in a freezer to cool them down — and they became all slushy.
- At Slurpee, we call it a BrainFreeze. The scientific name for it is Sphenopalatine Ganglioneuralgia.