Traffic Alert: Train Track Work in Old Town This Week
During the week of April 20, you can expect delays in Old Town Fort Collins because of train track repairs.
The City of Fort Collins announced in a press release that they will be doing repairs to level tracks and correct signal issues that have been leading to malfunctions. The work will require at least one railroad crossing at east-west streets to be fully closed for 24 hours each day of the week.
Most of Mason street will remain open and Transfort services will continue to operate.
As of April 15, the schedule of road closures is as follows:
· Monday, April 20: University Avenue and Old Main Drive
· Tuesday, April 21: Laurel Street and Myrtle Street
· Wednesday, April 22: Mulberry Street and Magnolia Street
· Thursday, April 23: Mountain Avenue and Olive Street
· Friday, April 24: Laporte Avenue and Oak Street
· Saturday, April 25: Cherry Street
The city is asking residents to avoid these areas on the day they are scheduled for construction.
Source: City of Fort Collins