Taste of Fort Collins 2020: 5 Things to Know About Goody Grace
Get to know the singer who will open for Collective Soul on Saturday, June 6 at Townsquare Media's Taste of Fort Collins.
1) Started from the bedroom now he's here. Goody Grace is a Canadian singer from Manitoba, Canada, who got his start by making music in his bedroom, with his guitar and his computer.
2) Goody Grace is his real name. For real. For good.
'I changed my name on my 18th birthday to Goody Grace, and it’s just a name I came up with,' he said to AXS.
3) Nobody likes you when you're 23... fortunately, he's 22 (though, Taste of Fort Collins falls just before his birthday). You may hear a familiar voice in Goody Grace's song, 'Scumbag': Mark Hoppus. The track features Blink-182, and Hoppus and Travis Barker appear in the music video.
'...[To] have them by my side, it's all been a real dream come true,' he said about working with Blink-182 while on the Zach Sang show.
4) No, Blink-182 won't be by his side on stage in Fort Collins, but yes, he loves the band as much as we do... so maybe we will get a cover?
'Blink-182 is the reason I started playing guitar when I was a kid,' Goody said in a statement about teaming up with the iconic band for the new track.'Their music helped me through my entire childhood and teenage years, and I couldn't be more honored to have them on a song of mine...I hope 'Scumbag' can be the anthem for people's lives such as Blink's entire discography is for me.' -Billboard
5) He is also a hip-hop artist. He teamed up with Jesse Rutherford from The Neighbourhood as a teenager. He also aspires to work with Taylor Swift, he told AXS. We're rooting for it.
Goody Grace will be in Fort Collins on Saturday, June 6, opening up the show for '90s alt-rock group, Collective Soul. You can get your tickets for all three days of Taste of Fort Collins for just $15 (LIMITED TIME ONLY) here.