Larimer Commissioner, PFA Chief Advising Governor on Reopening
Fort Collins officials will have direct communication with Colorado Gov. Jared Polis as the state begins to reopen.
Polis announced the formation of a state task force in his Monday press conference that includes Larimer County Commissioner Steve Johnson and Poudre Fire Authority Chief Thomas DeMint.
The task force will advise the governor during the reopening process and includes a mix of officials hailing from both urban and rural areas throughout the state.
"We need to find a very real way to keep people as safe as possible as we go about our lives," Polis said at the press conference.
Here's the full list of advisors:
- Larimer County Commissioner Steve Johnson
- Poudre Fire Authority Chief Thomas DeMint
- San Miguel County commissioner Hilary Cooper
- Pueblo mayor Nick Gradisar
- Montrose mayor Barbara Bynum
- City & County of Denver Public Health director Robert McDonald
- Eagle Public Health Director Heath Harmon
- Jefferson County Sheriff Jeff Shrader
- Broomfield Police Chief Gary Creager
- Colorado Economic Recovery council representative Kyle Martinez
Northern Colorado's Most Puzzling Cold Cases