Fort Collins Weekend Forecast: Chance of More Snow Saturday
Strong winds and more snow could be headed to Fort Collins and Northern Colorado this weekend.
Wind gusts up to 55 MPH are predicted both Friday and Saturday. There's a 40% chance of precipitation (rain and snow) on Saturday morning. Temps will then look to warm up next week.
Here's a look at this weekend's forecast, according to the National Weather Service:
- High near 53, low around 35
- Sunny with a calm wind
- Slight chance of snow after 11 p.m.
- Evening 'high wind watch' with gusts up to 40 mph
- High near 51, low around 30
- Chance of rain and snow before 9 a.m.
- Mostly sunny with a 'high wind watch' gusts up to 40 mph
- Blustery with 30% chance of precipitation
- High near 51, low around 24
- Mostly sunny with clear skies
- High near 57, low around 31
- Mostly sunny
This week has been so beautiful with cool mornings and sunny afternoons. The Cameron Peak fire began on August 13 and since then, Northern Colorado air has been unrecognizable.
I had kind of forgotten just how beautiful it is here, but with the fire recently reaching 92 percent containment, I'm glad to see Colorado beginning to shine again.
Inside Fisher's Peak, Colorado's Newest State Park