It was a scary afternoon on Wednesday (April 3, 2019) as crews scrambled to fix a gas leak that was set off accidentally by a plumber.

For about six hours on Wednesday (April 3, 2019) authorities had people get out of all buildings in Downtown Greeley between 8th and 9th Avenues and 7th and 8th Street. The Greely Tribune has the story on how around 3:30 p.m. that day a plumber working at the Dance Conservatory on 8th Street cut a gas line by mistake.

The folks that operate The Nerd Store on 8th Street commented on The Trib's Facebook post that they were able to get back into their store (to close up) at around 10 p.m.

A concert at Union Colony Civic Center (Home Free) went on as planned, but the businesses in the area lost out on a lot of revenue due to the gas leak.  Maybe this weekend, we could all head down there and do some shopping and/or dining.

Get more on the leak from The Tribune HERE.