How Will The Colorado Rockies Celebrate 30 Years This Season?
Can you believe it? The Colorado Rockies franchise is turning 30 years old. How will the Rockies be celebrating at Coors Field this season? Here's the full list.
Colorado Rockies Turn 30
Maybe over the course of three decades, we should have more than one pennant and maybe even won at least one World Series Championship, but alas, that's not the case for our beloved Colorado Rockies. I remember the hype back in the early 90's when it was announced that Colorado was getting its own Major League Baseball team. Colorado was buzzin' with excitement for sure.
At the time, it would be only the third Major League team in the entire state, along with the Denver Broncos and Denver Nuggets. The Colorado Rockies made their debut in 1993 in front of a sold-out crowd at the old Mile High Stadium. I didn't get to opening day that year, but my dad did manage to get us tickets for that weekend. He's a sports nut so this was a huge deal to him. At Mile High, they had $1 "Rockpile" tickets so we went quite a bit. The Mile High Rockpile was way better than the awful Rockpile at Coors Field. Way better. Fast forward 30 years, and while our team is pretty average at best most seasons, there's nothing better than seeing a Colorado Rockies game live at Coors Field. Here's how they'll be celebrating their 30th anniversary at the ballpark this season.
How Are The Colorado Rockies Celebrating 30 Years?
- 30th Anniversary of the first Rockies home game in Colorado
- Promotional Item: 30th Anniversary Commemorative Pennant
- Alumni scheduled to attend: Brad Hawpe, Jason Jennings, Ubaldo Jiménez
- Promotional Item: 30th Anniversary Baseball Card Set
- Alumni scheduled to attend: Aaron Cook, Clint Hurdle
- Promotional Item: 30th Anniversary Trucker Hat
- Alumni scheduled to attend: Pedro Astacio, Jorge De La Rosa, Carlos González
- Promotional Item: 30th Anniversary Carlos González Snapback Hat
- Alumni scheduled to attend: Todd Helton
- Promotional Item: 30th Anniversary Todd Helton Jersey
- A professional light show featuring 200 drones flying in choreographed formations accompanied by music and video.
- Alumni scheduled to attend: Dante Bichette, Ellis Burks, Vinny Castilla, Larry Walker
- Promotional Item: TBD
I'm bummed to not see Andres Galarraga on any of the alumni schedules as of now but that could always change. Keep up with all things Rockies this season as well as updates on planned celebrations for their 30th anniversary season here. Their home "Opening Day" is this Thursday, April 6th. Go Rockies!