372,684 lbs. of Hot Dog Products Recalled
If you have purchased any Bar-S brand hotdogs or corndogs, you might want to check your product as a voluntary recalled has been placed on 372,684 lbs. of pork and chicken products. The reason for the recalls is a possible contamination of adulterated with Listeria monocytogenes according to the release from the USDA.
These five voluntary recalled products were produced July 10-13th of 2016.
- 16-oz/1-lb. packages of “BAR-S Classic BUN LENGTH Franks MADE WITH CHICKEN, PORK ADDED” with “Use By” date of 10/11/2016 and case code 209.
- 12-oz. packages of “BAR-S CLASSIC Franks MADE WITH CHICKEN, PORK ADDED” with package code 6338, “Use By” date of 10/10/2016 and case code 6405.
- 24-oz./1.5-lb. cartons of “SIGNATURE Pick 5 CORNDOGS – 8 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with a “Use By” date of 4/6/2017 and case code 6071.
- 42.72-oz./2.67-lb. cartons of “BAR-S CLASSIC CORN DOGS – 16 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with “Use By” dates of 4/7/2017 and 4/8/2017 and case code 6396.
- 48-oz./3-lb. cartons of “BAR-S CLASSIC CORN DOGS – 16 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with package code 14054, “Use By” dates of 4/6/2017 and 4/9/2017, and case code 14038.
These products were shipped to retail stores nationwide. If you would like more information on the recall, please see the release from the USDA HERE.