Here’s How Science Says You Can Win at Breaking the Thanksgiving Wishbone
Ah, it is that time of year. No not Thanksgiving, I'm talking about wishbone time!
It's a holiday tradition where two (probably very competitive) family members grab that wishbone to see who can come away with the bigger piece. This is a big deal, and engineering students at the University of Michigan understand this. That's why they broke down the wishbone break to bring you tips that will nearly guarantee victory!
Here they are!
1. Make sure it's dry. A fresh wishbone won't break, it'll bend. So dry that baby up however you can.
2. Grab it with your dominant hand. Don't be going into this battle with your weak hand, this is serious.
3. Grab the side that looks thicker. That's what she said.
4. Grab as close to the base of the V as possible. As the baseball players say... CHOKE UP!
5. Make your opponent do all the work. This is basically the turtle and the hare. Let your opponent to the pulling, if you completed all four steps above, they will pull you a victory.
For the full story, click HERE.