A heat lamp in a make-shift chicken coop is being blamed for a fire in northeast Cheyenne this (Monday) morning.

Laramie County Fire District #2 spokesman Chuck Scottini says crews were called to 5105 Coulter Circle around 10:45 a.m.

"When engine 2-1 first arrived on scene they found a single-wide mobile home which was 75 percent involved in flames," said Scottini. "A nearby abandoned camper, two older vehicles and a 20-foot enclosed box trailer were also involved."

Scottini says the property owner had a chicken coop set up inside the south end of the mobile home and was using the rest of the trailer for storage.

"My first thing was what electrical cord did you have running out back?" said Scottini. "The property owner went ahead and told me (he had a heat lamp in there) and I said, 'Yep, that's what started it.'"

Luckily, the man's ten chickens were able to fly the coop and no one was injured in the fire.

Scottini says the blaze caused an estimated $20,000 worth of damage.