Christmas in Downtown Fort Collins
Downtown Fort Collins (Old Town) is the heart of Fort Collins and a real jewel for all of Northern Colorado. This time of year the holiday season is coming at you from every street corner in a really unique and nostalgic way.
Old Town Ice Skating is our own little nostalgic scene from a holiday movie. This is an especially kid-friendly activity as they provide props/trash cans to little ones just getting the hang of skating. It’s a $2 admission and $1 for skate rentals. Open almost everyday through January, but the hours vary a little, here is a schedule.
Visit Santa Claus at his Old Town Square workshop. This is a very popular location to visit Santa, so keep in mind the wait can be up to 2 hours. This Santa speaks English, Spanish and Sign Language. Santa’s hours are Nov 19th-Dec 11th, Wed-Sun 12-6pm and Dec 13th-Dec 23rd 12-6, and on Christmas Eve 12/24 12pm-5pm.
Holiday lights are everywhere. Over $75,000 is spent each season to illuminate the trees, buildings and streets. You must enjoy an evening amidst this beautiful glow. Rumors are swirling that the 3 groups that pay for this tradition may not be able to afford it again, so take advantage.
**FREE GARAGE PARKING is available on the weekends from November 26th to January 2nd.
HOLIDAY EVENTS IN DOWNTOWN FORT COLLINS
- LIVE REINDEER will be at Santa’s workshop from 5-7pm on Friday, Nov 25th.
- CAROLFEST happens December 2nd. The 20th annual Carolfest will be audible at the Opera Galleria, 123 N. College Avenue. It’s a free event and the public is welcome to sing along. This also the First Friday Gallery Walk for the month.
- STORYTIME WITH SANTA where Santa reads stories each Thursday and Friday at 11:30 a.m. at Downtown’s Clothes Pony Store (111 N. College) (No story time on Dec 24th).
- TUBA CHRISTMAS is an amazing sound and spectacle that happens December 10th from 2-3pm on the Oak Street Plaza.
- MENORAH LIGHTING CEREMONY happens on December 21st from 4:30-6pm at the Old Town Square